Though people may think that kids are the miniature of adults it is wrong. Their visual needs, disorders are different from adults. Kids grow fast, so their body parts but until their eye-brain coordination fully develop, they need special attention and focus. So, pediatric ophthalmology has amplified with a special discipline and they are indeed a subspeciality in Opthalmology.
Good care is needed for the visual attention of children and the pediatric opthalmologist is the one who is the best in this case. He also can ensure proper visual development for both functional and structural ( including cosmesis ).
How is the eye of the child different?
Your child deserves special care when it comes to physical health but when it is a matter of eye it needs special attention. This is entirely different from those of adults in terms of eye care. Reasons are
If anyone has a problem in their eyes in their early childhood, they need to correct that early. The brain and eye connection are needed to be corrected soon otherwise it will remain uncorrected and will create problems later. They may suffer from lazy eye or amblyopia problems. In this case, when the child will grow old corrective glasses would prove fruitless also. Amblyopia is a therapy that is critical at early ages.
If someone suffers from congenital anomalies or disorders of development, the problem is shown in the early ages of life. That causes refractive errors which require corrective glasses, misalignment of eyes, congenital nasolacrimal duck block, ptosis or lid droop, cataract and glaucoma.
If a baby is born immature, there is a high chance of suffering from an eye disease which is called ROP or Retinopathy Of Prematurity. As they were in a tumultuous stay in their nursery they often suffer from ROP that is vison threatening also for some time.
If your child is malnutrient, especially because of Vitamin-A, there is a high chance of eye problems. In this case, they might suffer from drying of eyes, corneal ulcers and even blindness. Children who are fussy and choosy eaters sometimes be deficient in micronutrients though they are healthy and well-fed
Children are prone to catch allergies as they are super active and they play outdoors.
Day by day device use are becoming necessary for children. In their free time, they are using screens for entertainment purposes. This causes major eye problems in this age group.
Eye tumours and malignancies are proved to be eye damaging and that happens often in early childhood. That turns into retinoblastoma or eye cancer.
What are the symptoms and signs of eye problems in children?
- When a child is in school we often see they are facing problems in reading books or blackboard and writing, which is the indication of poor vision.
- Any squint or deviation of the eyes
- When they have an infection in their eyes, they may rub it frequently or they suffer from headache or red eye or watering from eyes.
- Eye problem is genetic sometimes. The need for glass for refractive errors passes from generation to generation to many families. If they diagnose at an early age, the problem may be solved to a certain level. In that case, they need to check up frequently by doctor’s guidelines.
Which is the best hospital for eye care in children?
Indovision Cataract & Laser eye Center is the best for so many reasons. They offer you the best pediatric opthalmologist in Delhi. They are well versed in the eye and its depths. They can take care of good sight and healthy eyes and the overall development of a child.
Not only they are best in giving treatment, but they are best friends to the children also. Often, children get traumatized to visit doctors. But here all children willingly visit eye doctors.
When it comes to eye checkups, a healthy environment is very necessary. Which you will get here. All the staffs are so welcoming and they are children-friendly, a hassle-free checkup is a result for same.
This is an of course with proficient doctors and various useful modern tools. A most important factor is that they are affordable and they reach your nearby centre to cure your little one.
What are the special tests and services that Indovision Cataract & Laser Eye Centre offers for children?
The eye specialists and the ancillary team of Indovision Cataract & Laser Eye Centre always nurture and care to thrive and achieve their main purpose to cure your child’s eye problem. They will be happy with you if they can successfully cure your little one’s eye problem. That is the main reason they are focusing on their work more and more.
The hallmark of Indovision Cataract & Laser Eye Center is the state-of-the-art technology in child vision care with empathy and compassion by heart. The specialist services and eye tests for children in addition to primary eye care are
- Vision assessment and refraction under dilation
- Squint assessment and evaluation of binocular vision
- Amblyopia therapy
- Eye exercises with synaptophore for stimulating the eye muscles and binocular vision.
- Management of all childhood infections and allergies
- Trauma services
- Examination under sedation or anaesthesia, if indicated. Comprehensive pre-anaesthetic check-up and post-operative care.
- Glasses and low vision aids
- Childhood and congenital disorders can be managed medically and surgically, as indicated: congenital cataract, congenital ptosis, glaucoma and squint.
The surgeries performed routinely by the pediatric eye surgeons at Indovision Cataract & Laser Eye Centre include:
- Advanced Phacoemulsification cataract surgery with intraocular lens implantation with and without posterior capsulorhexis and anterior vitrectomy
- Intraocular lasers for ROP
- Ptosis surgeries including sling surgery and other lid reconstructions
- Squint surgeries including recti and oblique muscles,
- Syringing and probing,
- Trabeculectomy with MMC and Ahmed Glaucoma Valve implantation, as well as complex vitreoretinal surgeries and retinal lasers.
Pediatric Surgeons & Doctors at Indovision Cataract & Laser Eye Centre, Pune
We are among the best centres for corneal transplant in children and also for routine surgeries like chalazion incision, curettage etc and these are possible because of our best and efficient doctors, familiar staffs and all necessary equipment.Indovision cataract & laser eye centre offers all the latest world class surgical procedures for children in Pune. Most advanced techniques and guidelines are practised by our experts at affordable cost. We are always adopting innovative technologies to deliver best eyecare. At Indovision, our highly trained ophthalmologists strive to provide sharpest vision using state-of-the-art equipment. Dr Sarika Sethia is a Gold medallist in ophthalmology. She is also Diplomat of National Board. She has presented oral paper, posters & lectures at various national & international conferences. She has completed many fellowships & training courses in advanced cataract & laser vision correction surgeries. She has worked at post graduate institute as Assistant Professor. She is on panel of prestigious hospitals in Pune like Jehangir hospital, Sanjeevan hospital & Global hospital. Currently she is director at Indovision Cataract & Laser Eye Centre.